2019 Club Championship Rules
In 2019 NSKC will be running an 8 round Club Championship with the following rules:
- You must be a fully financial NSKC member in order to be eligible for the Club Championship. Points will only accrue from the date of your membership and whilst you are a current member.
- Points awarded towards the Championship are automatically calculated by the Club’s race management software.
- Bonus points are available as per the rules below.
- One (1) only round will be dropped automatically, even if you did not race it, at the end of the Club Championship, this will be considered your worst round.
- Points are allocated for starting position in pre-final (if any) and finishing position in the final.
- Where a class is cancelled for any reason the total number of rounds for that class for the Championship will decrease by one (i.e. 6 out of 7, instead of 7 out of 8).
- To qualify you must race 4 rounds of the 8 rounds of the Championship.
- Classes forming the 2019 Club Championship are:
- Cadet 9
- Cadet 12
- KA4 Junior Light
- KA4 Junior Heavy
- KA3 Junior
- KA3 Senior Light
- KA3 Senior Heavy
- TaG 125 Light
- TaG 125 Heavy
- Masters Sportsman 125 Light
- Masters Sportsman 125 Medium
- TaG 125 Restricted Light
- TaG 125 Restricted Medium
- If you believe you have not been allocated the correct points for a round, you only have until the day before the next round to advise the Club. Points will NOT be adjusted outside this timeline.
Bonus Points System
As in previous years, NSKC will operate a bonus points system for the Club Championship. This system is to encourage Members to provide the Club with assistance to run race meetings.
The roles for which bonus points can be collected are:
- Weight Marshall – 1 or 2 per race meeting
- Grid Marshall – 1 or 2 per race meeting
- Flag Marshall – up to 10 per race meeting depending upon track
- Lap scoring – 3 per race meeting
- Data entry – 1 per race meeting
- Clerk of Course (must be KA accredited) – 1 per race meeting
- Assistant Clerk of Course (must be KA accredited) – 1 per race meeting
- Steward (must be KA accredited) – 2 or 3 per race meeting
Once the roles have been filled for a race meeting there are no further opportunities for that race meeting to gain points. Roles are filled on a first come first served basis. Anyone that wishes to provide assistance must notify the Club via email at email AT LEAST one week prior to the event.
In order to gain bonus points the Club must be aware of the person assisting prior to the event. You cannot just say ‘Fred was working for me’. The NSKC committee will be the final arbiter of the bonus points system. To be clear, if you do not organise the person to assist, you are not entitled to bonus points.
There is a total of 30 bonus points on offer per class for the Championship; 20 for the first day’s assistance and 10 for the second.
In order to obtain bonus points you must provide a FULL day of assistance. This can be split between two people but must total a full day of assistance to be attributed to a single karter (e.g. mum and dad can each flag for half a day to gain a single day’s bonus points). This can be the competitor or a designated proxy. The person performing the work must sign in on the sheets provided at the race secretary’s office at the beginning of the race day in order for the points to be counted.
Points are awarded on a class by class basis; which means that you can obtain points for more than one class (points are not transferable to another person OR to another class). Once you start accumulating points for a class your points will continue being awarded for that class until you have a total of 30 bonus points, then addition days assistance will be awarded to the next nominated class, if any. You cannot swap your bonus points allocation around (it causes a huge administration load).